Before construction begins, the Byhalia Connection team develops a route that endeavors to limit the project’s impact to landowners, the community and the environment. Experts review multiple factors before recommending a route including the below items. A final route is selected following discussions with landowners, public officials, regulatory agencies and others.
• Homes, neighborhoods and developments
• Potential protected species and their habitats
• Prominent environmental features, such as wetlands and waterways
• Schools, colleges and universities, and recreational facilities
• Cultural and historic sites
Byhalia Connection is currently in the pre-construction and easement acquisition phase of the project. We’re targeting to start construction in 2021 and be in service approximately nine months later.
Click here or the map image to view a larger map. This detailed map is for illustrative purposes and is subject to change to reflect routing adjustments agreed to with property owners.